Tuesday, August 9, 2011

What if I'm wrong?

How often do I get it right? How often do I overlook my actions or statements? How often do I try to justify my behavior? 


Throughout 25 years of my life, I have seen many wrong actions; I have made many wrong statements; I have experienced many incorrect paths. But what justifies what's right and what's wrong? To what extent do I tend to defend what I have done? What is the actual criterion for defining what's right? 


Let's say I have tried a method which has given me the result I was looking for in a project; does that mean I have chosen the the right method? or even deeper than that: does that mean the result I was looking for is the right result? 


What I have learned is that in any action I take, there are many variuables which justify the validity of that action. and unfortuantely, there are unlimited prespectives that could question the authenticity of those variables. The issue has become so complex in my mind that I have decided to follow what others do. I will act based on the situation and attempt to do my best. Yes, this sounds like a very straight forward answer and you might ask yourself why did I even bring up such a matter in the first place? Well, to answer that I should say let's not forget that if I do not question myself based on all those variables mentioned above, how can I say that I did my BEST? 


Therefore, I believe one's mind should be always open to all the possibilities in order to produce a more accurate outcome. One must always oversee the problem from a higher stand point to better understand the existing issues and future consequences before taking any action. 


I would like to reference a speech pertaining to how wrong we are as human beings about every action we have taken throughout history as well as our daily lives:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E8V8rtdXnLA

No comments:

Post a Comment